1) Give Social Marketing time.
2) Do your homework on potential Social Marketing sites including users behaviors and popular topics.
3) Provide visitors with desired content / tools / etc.
4) Learn the communities.
5) Interact with other users and build your presence.
6) Leverage your co-workers, friends, etc.
7) Take advantage of adding links in at times.
1) Do not market!!!
2) Do not spam the community.
3) Do not break the community rules.
4) Do not expect results. Social Marketing is behavioral based. You are not able to predict whether an article will take off and drive a ton of traffic to your website or not.
5) Do not create multiple accounts.
Follow these basics to Social Media Marketing and you are on your way to ultizing Web 2.0.
Topics: Social Media