The economy is tanking, your sales have dropped and you're ready to panic. Be careful! Your Web site can be your most powerful sales generator in these slow economic times. We have seen many companies make fatal mistakes when it comes to their Web site in the past few months, severely hurting their visibility on the search engines and in turn hurting their bottom lines. Don't make the same mistakes.
Below are some of the mistakes we've recently witnessed that can be fatal to a Web site's success:
- Complete redesign of the Web site. The new Web site is either not search-friendly or has erased all SEO elements, such as target phrases within navigation or little content.
- Redesign of the Home Page by adding big banners but removing or pushing down optimized content
- Stopping the creation of informative content, such as a Blog or White Papers
- Attempt to boost site traffic by starting or expanding your Pay Per Click program by targeting keywords lacking relevancy
- Buying ads on search engines that no one has heard of
- Starting a new Web site with a new domain that has no link popularity or search position history
- Not expanding your search marketing initiatives
- And the most fatal mistake - not including the SEM firm in the discussions and strategies your company is considering to boost business.
When looking to improve your Web site, don't make any major changes or build a new Web site without discussing it with your Search Marketing firm first. A good Search Marketing firm can help guide you so you don't build a non-search-friendly Web site. They can help prevent you from losing search visibility, positions and history your Web site has already achieved. With the economy as tight as is it, losing search visibility is fatal, especially if you are within a competitive market. When you're planning on doing something to benefit your business in this rough economy, make sure to do it right the first time, consult the ones that have helped you in the past. Your Search Marketing firm should be more than willing to help you through these harsh times.
So, please don't panic. A good SEM firm can help increase the effectiveness of your Web site and assist you in getting your business through these tough economic times.