E-Power Marketing would like to wish everyone a Happy Earth Day today! In honor of this occasion, we would like to share some Green opportunities you can take advantage of through Social Media and other online resources!
Green Search Engines:
- Green Maven is a search engine designed to return environmentally friendly results! Search the green web and discover Web sites that cater to the environmentally conscious!
- Prefer Google search results? Check out Blackle or Earthle. These search engines deliver Google search results, but all utilize a black background, which they claim reduces the energy your computer monitor uses.
- Looking for ways to go green beyond search engines? Like Green Maven, ClimateGift is a search engine that delivers green content. Moving beyond just providing green search results though, you choose an organization to support before you reach the Home page, and then the organization you chose gets the money from your ad clicks.
Green Social Networks and Communities:
- Care2 aims to "Make it easy for everyone to live a healthy, green lifestyle and impact the causes they care about most." Join the 11 million members and get connected to the largest online community for healthy and green living, human rights and animal welfare.
- MakeMeSustainable allows you to monitor your carbon footprint on an ongoing basis. You can monitor your carbon emissions over time and input the measures you take to go green. You can even join groups and search your area for other members.
- Change.org is not only responsible for Blog Action Day but is also a social community committed to raising awareness about social and environmental issues.
- CarbonRally is a social network where individuals and groups unite (and compete) to have an impact on energy consumption and climate change. Join a team and compete with other members to see who can do the most good for the environment.
Online Green News and Resources
- Speaking of carbon footprints, do you know about yours? Check out the Carbon Footprint Calculator and become more aware of how you're impacting the environment.
- The official motto of World Changing is: "World Changing was founded on the idea that real solutions already exist for building the future we want. It's just a matter of grabbing hold and getting moving." This site is an online magazine, filled with Blog articles to keep you up to speed with what's going on in the environmental industry and so much more.
- TreeHugger is dedicated to making sustainability popular. This is your one-stop shop for environmental news, green solutions, and eco-friendly product information.
- Take the History of Earth Day quiz over at Planet Green from Discovery, and see how much you really know about Earth Day!
- Check out Smart Planet for advice, and discussions on technology, business and life with a "green" twist.
- Looking for more information on going green? Get it at GoGreen.com. They are committed to being "...a cohesive resource to help people learn new habits that can add up to a big difference for human sustainability on this planet, in 5 major areas: Home energy, Transportation, water, zero waste and food."
Take a little time today to become more aware of your impact on the environment. Use the Internet to explore new ways to go green and celebrate Earth Day.