Is Your Pay-Per-Click Program Ready For Holiday Shoppers?
Each year more and more people head online to do their Holiday shopping. Not only does online Holiday shopping help consumers avoid the chaos of Black Friday, but it's also the perfect way for shoppers to score great deals on Holiday gifts. Cyber Monday, the Monday following Thanksgiving, is one of the busiest days of the year for online retailers and has been coined the Black Friday of the online world. So how can you use pay-per-click advertising to take advantage of Cyber Monday and the weeks leading up to Christmas?
- Offer shoppers a Unique Selling Proposition in your advertisement. Free shipping, complimentary gift wrapping, and guaranteed shipping dates are just a few of the many things that will encourage shoppers to click on your ad instead of your competitors' ads.
- That being said, don’t lump all shoppers together. There are prepared shoppers, semi-prepared shoppers, and “I need it tomorrow” shoppers. While the prepared shopper is going to be motivated by great deals, the last minute shopper is going to be more interested in guaranteed shipping dates.
- Make sure your landing pages are optimized, simple and easy to navigate. Any special offers displayed in your ads should be clearly stated on your landing page. Products and their prices should be easy to find. During the Holidays shoppers are ready to buy now, don’t lose them because your landing page is overly complicated.
- Be prepared to increase your daily budget for a few weeks. With the anticipated increase in traffic and the spike in consumer spend you want to make sure your ads are showing. A well-oiled Holiday campaign should provide you with a positive return on investment, despite the increased budget.
- Monitor your competition. Keep an eye on your regular competition, but don’t forget to also be on the look-out for new competition that pops-up specifically around the Holidays. Research the keywords that competitors will be using, and identify their Holiday promotions and offers. With proper planning and research, you will be able to create a Holiday campaign the sets you apart from your competition and drives Holiday shoppers to your Website.
Gear up for the Holiday season and start mapping out a thorough pay-per-click game plan. Implementing the right strategies early in the Holiday season will help give your online marketing campaigns newfound success.