With everyone discussing the benefits and advantages of Social Media, it’s easy for brands to get caught up in the excitement. With so many opportunities to reach new fans and the chance to turn followers into brand evangelists, Social Media can seem like uncharted territory where brands need to quickly claim their place. While Social Media does provide an unparalleled sense of opportunity, it’s important to choose your channels carefully, so that your messaging is well received and your time and resources are invested wisely.
We have long recognized the possibilities Social Media presents for brands. As professionals specializing in Social Media, we have also come to understand how important it is to first strategize your Social Media presence before committing to various channels. Here, we share our insight into how we choose the right Social Media channels for our clients.
- What Social Networks do our clients’ audiences use?
- We look at the demographic data of each channel.
- We explore ongoing conversations about a brand and their products.
- How much time does the client have to invest in Social Media?
- Various channels require different time and resource commitments.
- What content types will be used on the Social channels?
- Content, video and images are all important pieces of the puzzle, and knowing what will be available helps us select the most appropriate channels.
- Who are the clients’ target audience?
- Whether a company is B2B or B2C makes a huge difference in our recommendations.
- Does the company have any sort of Social Media presence already?
- Evaluating existing profiles helps E-Power understand what channels are working and which need to be overhauled.
- What are the clients’ end goals?
- Measuring the effectiveness of a Social Media program is important to the E-Power team, and to be able to do that efficiently, we need to understand the client’s goals from the start.
- Different channels are better for achieving different goals, as well.
Too often, we see clients jump into a Social Media program head first, taking on too many channels without a concrete strategy or sustainable content creation and management plan. Taking the time to evaluate a client’s goals and resources, and weighing those factors against the pro’s and con’s of various Social Media channels allows E-Power to create optimized, integrated Social Media plans that are not only sustainable in the long term, but also deliver the results and opportunities our clients expect.
For more information on our Social Media programs or to get our recommendations on your Social Media strategy, please contact E-Power Marketing today!