At E-Power Marketing, every client is presented with an Online Marketing report, typically on a monthly basis. Within these reports, we are able to highlight our successes and strategies for moving forward, check in with our clients on any questions we may have and identify opportunities for program improvement. Over the years, our reports have changed, as the industry has changed, client goals have changed, and our programs have changed. While the data and format has evolved, our commitment to providing our clients with information and updates hasn't changed. As an integrated Online Marketing agency, we are committed to open communication with our clients and transparency. As partners, we aim to execute results-oriented programs, as well as educate and empower our clients to understand what it is we are doing, and why it's working.
What To Look For in an Online Marketing Report
While every agency will deliver different reports, there are a number of basic topics that should be covered so that you know you are getting your money's worth from the program:
- Traffic Data – Understanding how much traffic is coming to your website is important, your Online Marketing agency should also analyze this data to show you where the traffic is coming from, whether the traffic is converting and how the traffic is fluctuating, year to year.
- Search Visibility – Measuring the search positions of specific key phrases has become less important as Google's algorithms have changed, however, a snapshot of a few of the most important key phrases to your program can and should be measured over time. This provides a snapshot of your website's visibility and overall health.
- Conversion Reports – Tracking the conversions and leads generated by your website is important, and typically an easy process. Google Analytics, for example, provides in depth data. Tracking and analyzing this data in reports allows your agency to identify top performance, as well as where to focus their efforts for improvement.
- Spending Reports - If you are engaged in any Online Advertising, your agency should be detailing out what was spent and how those budgets performed. Within a PPC report, you may be provided with cost/lead data, conversion data and click through rates, among other details.
- Action Steps – A professional Online Marketing agency will always share with you the steps they've taken on your behalf, to improve your online presence. From details on SEO recommendations provided to technical issues that may need to be addressed, an Online Marketing report should help you understand what you're paying your agency for.
Online Marketing reports can and should differ, as they should be tailored to your programs unique goals and strategy. However, every program deserves a detailed, informative Online Marketing report that will outline your progress, next steps and more. This will not only hold your agency accountable, they should also provide you with the education and coaching necessary for you to understand what they are doing and how it's working. For more information on analytics and reporting, and what you should be expecting from your Online Marketing agency, contact E-Power Marketing today!