Last week, I sat on a #UWOSocial panel, discussing Social Media with staff and faculty from UW-Oshkosh. The attendees had lots of great questions, and were really focused on how they could be better using the various social media channels to benefit their departments and audiences. One of the most prevalent themes of the day was choosing the right platform and driving engagement. As the discussions continued and other panelists weighed in, it was clear to see that the issues and questions this group had was not specific to Social Media use for higher education. Brands of all sizes, from B2B to B2C struggle with these issues, and a lot of great points were raised, with helpful advice.
- 72% of all internet users are now active on Social Media, but not every brand should be on every Social Media channel, it's much more important to be active and engaged on the RIGHT channels, than just to have a page on ALL the channels.
- Social Media budgets will double in the next 5 years, and it's becoming more and more important for brands of all sizes to keep up. As more companies are popping up on Social Media channels, it's vital that your brand makes a claim and begins building relationships.
- 15% of companies surveyed say more than 25% of customer service inquiries are initiated over social channels. Social Media is a two way street of communication, you shouldn't be focused solely on pushing your message out, but also drawing your audience in and gathering important feedback, customer service inquiries and trend information.
- While 76% of marketers think that the marketing industry has changed more in the past two years than the past 50 years, only 37% of marketing generalists feel highly proficient. Don't try to do it all alone! Build a team of collaborators to help define and implement a Social Media strategy. At E-Power, we have teams of 2-8 working on client Social accounts, so that we can build off each other's ideas and create the strongest possible Social communities. Even if you aren't able to work with an agency to make the most of your Social channels, you can build a team in-house to help!
- Nearly two-thirds of organizations in North America have adopted social media analytics tools. There are so many analytics tools available for Social Media optimization today, not paying attention, and building program measurement and reporting into your strategy is a mistake.
As the Social Media world evolves, brands across industries need to strengthen their Social Media presences to keep up. As an integrated Online Marketing agency with a dedicated Social Media team, we clearly see the benefits in partnering with specialists to make the most of your Social Media budgets, however, even when that's not an option, investing in an active, engaged Social Media strategy is important. For more tips and information on using Social for your brand, check out all our recent Social Media blog posts, or contact E-Power Marketing for more information on how we can help your brand succeed!
Topics: Social Media