How Hotels Can Capitalize on Back to School Marketing
Most travel and hospitality brands have a well documented, structured approach to targeting summer travelers. From family friendly vacation packages to seasonal activities and event promotions, when kids are off of school, families travel more. As kids are returning to the classroom and parents are doing their back to school happy dance, hotels and hospitality businesses may be getting the post-summer blues. Back to school time is a great time for hotels and hospitality businesses to make the most of their online and offline marketing. Why should your marketing be focused on back to school specials?
- Parents are shopping, a lot. Shopping focused specials can attract both parents and families!
- Nostalgia is at an all time high. Who doesn't remember their first day of school jitters or fond family summer getaways? As parents look to send their kids back to school, the opportunity to help them create lasting summer memories is too good to miss.
- The temperatures will be dropping soon. Focus on your area attractions and highlight how much there is to do in your area this season!
Not all brands are singing the back to school blues! Here are some examples of hospitality brands taking advantage of this time of year to get heads in beds and reservations up! What can you learn from these brands, and how can you put some great new packages together to capitalize on the back to school travel season?
Last Minute Family Trips - Pushing extra bonding time and maybe even a little end of summer guilt, hotel brands offering last minute family vacation deals are smart to capitalize on this time of year!
- Affinia Hotel, New York City, NY - Last Minute Summer Getaway
- Nativo Lodge, Albuquerque, New Mexico - Indoor/Outdoor Pool Package
- Four Seasons Hotel, Chicago, Illinois - Family Fun In The City
Trip Extension Offers - Once you have a guest reservation, what can you do to keep them at your hotel longer? These hotels are offering family friendly specials to extend the summer vacation!
- The Grand Hotel at Mackinac Island, Michigan - Family Added Value Days
- Wild Dunes Resort, Isle of Palms, South Carolina - Home Is Where the Extra Night Is Family Package
Summer Isn't Over Specials - Reminding families that school may be back in session, but summertime fun doesn't have to be over is a great way to attract more visitors in these late summer months.
- The Nonantum Resort, Kennebunkport, Maine - End of Summer Special
- The Charles Hotel, Cambridge, Massachusetts - Endless Summer Promotion
- Hawthorn Inn Bed & Breakfast, Camden, Maine - Summer's End Getaway Deal
- GrandStay Hotel, Thief River, Minnesota - Back to School Special
Parent & Family Fun Weekends - With college kids away from home, many hotels find family visits a great marketing opportunity. Entice the family to visit the college student, instead of waiting for that college kid to venture home!
- Marriott at Research Triangle Park, Durham, North Carolina - Parent and Family Weekend
- Boston Courtyard Copley Square, Boston, Massachusetts - College Tour Package
- The Edgewater, Madison, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Alumni Package
Other Great Family Friendly Hospitality Marketing Ideas - Creativity is key in making your hotel or hospitality business stand apart, check out some of these unique ideas!
- Cheyenne Mountain Resort, Colorado Springs, Colorado - Pokémon Go: Stay & Play
- Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans, Louisiana - All About Kids Package
- Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa, Cancun, Mexico - Mom's Escape
- Hotel Arista, Chicago, Illinois Star Light, Star Bright In Door Camping Package
When you're ready to amp up your hospitality marketing, contact us. We'll strategize the best possible online marketing solution for your brand, to help you reach interested travelers when and where they are researching online. We've got what it takes to attract, engage and help you book more reservations!